Search This Blog

Monday 29 October 2012


Message from the New Incumbent

It is always the same, when someone says, “Say something about yourself” my mind goes blank. But, thankfully, something usually comes back with time. To introduce myself, I'm a Church of England priest who may already be living in Harleston by the time you read this.  From 25 September I will be Priest-in-Charge from Scole in the north along the A143 to Redenhall in the south.  

I am married to Vivienne who is a writer (look her up on Amazon) and I have a daughter Elinor who is studying for her MA.

As you may guess from my profession, I'm a Christian. As well as being a Christian I have studied, worked in and continue to love science. I see no contradiction between faith and science as both help me to explore the world I live in and make sense of what I find. Faith and science as well as art, music, food, drink, fun and just about everything can give meaning to life and so I love all of these things. I ride a motorbike because it is a way of getting about that makes even the travelling into a joy, at least when it's warm and dry. 

At the time of writing this introduction I am looking forward to the move being over and being safely in the Rectory on Swan Lane, Harleston.  I am also looking forward to getting to know people; people in the churches (all denominations not just my own C of E), people in the schools and the people of Scole, Billingford, Thorpe Abbotts, Brockdish, Needham, Harleston and Redenhall.

There is not really much more to say. If you see someone in a dog-collar wandering around looking slightly lost, then it's probably me. I currently have the onerous task of checking out the pubs and places to eat so that I can give recommendations to friends and family. I am sure that you will see me around before too long, so if you want to know more, just ask!
Nigel Tuffnell 

No comments:

Post a Comment