Search This Blog

Friday 27 October 2017

From the Editor

I’m very sad to say that after six years as Editor this is my last Needham Link. I am even sadder that there has been no interest from anyone in the Village in taking over the editorship so I’m afraid Village events will only be advertised on the noticeboards or at www.needhamlink.co.uk 

I should like to thank a few people without whose help I could not have produced the Link. Firstly, to Andrew, my husband, who drew cover pictures (some of them are on the centre spread)  for most of the 36+ editions and also the pen pictures for the Village Hall and St Peter’s Church. I should also like to thank him for proof reading and spotting any typos although I’m sure a few got past us both!  Another big thank you is to the team of distributors led by Sally Nicholson.  Sally collects the 150+ copies from me and then not only delivers her own consignment of more than 40 copies but also makes sure that Robi Dove, Pauline Spinlove, Libby Troake and, until last year, Mr Hall, also receive their copies for delivery. And lastly, to the guest editors who helped out when I was away: Celia Snaith, Stephen Miller & Jim Woodger - thank you!  If in the future anyone feels able to take on the it can be rewarding. I can still be contacted at  needhamlink@gmail.com 

The Friends of Needham Village Hall have been busy again and have organised a Christmas Party for the Village on Saturday 16 December.  It promises to be another really good Village event.  More details can be found elsewhere in this issue.

The Coffee Mornings at the Red Lion on the first Tuesday of every month continue to go from strength to strength.  An enormous amount of money has been raised for a variety of charities. Congratulations to the organisers for all their hard work in making this such a successful venture both financially and socially. 

There is a list of all the Parish Councillors in this edition.  If you have any village issues, contact one of your Parish Councillors - contact details are included.

Finally, thanks for reading the Needham Link over the past 6 years!


Helen

A selection of covers from the past 6 years

(with thanks to Andrew Major)























Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment