Search This Blog

Thursday 1 March 2018

Editorial

I am writing this from my sick bed, having gone down with the winter flu. I was hoping to get away with it having had the flu vaccination in early November. No such luck!
I should like to thank everyone who sent their good wishes for the publication and praised the last edition. Of course, the quality of the magazine depends very much on the type of material you submit. I am pleased to say that I’ve received a bumper crop of articles on a range of topics affecting Needham. This has meant that I’ve had to hold over a few items until next time, notably: The House Detectives Come to Needham and the Listing for Needham Businesses.
The main article this month is about our celebrated artist/musician whose work has enhanced the life of not only villagers but people from further afield. The illustrations speak for themselves and the picture on the cover: ‘Spring is Here’ is a cheerful reminder of what we hopefully can expect over the next couple of months.
As you will see most of the articles are very positive, reflecting all the work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure that Needham remains an interesting and dynamic place to live. It is particularly pleasing to see all the effort that is being made on behalf of local children and the uncovering of our rich heritage. I had to include the John Hillaby quote opposite which I believe reflects the quality of life in Needham.
The only negative responses I’ve received have been pleas from residents on the western side of the village whose lives are being blighted by illegal bonfires of household rubbish (see Page 11).  If you have been affected by these fires, you should make your views known to the Parish Council who are already investigating this nuisance.
Please note that the deadline for receipt of articles for the next edition is: Friday 20th April 2018

                  Alan Jeffery

No comments:

Post a Comment