Search This Blog

Thursday 30 April 2020

News from North of the By Pass

I'd like to thank, on behalf of my family all the tractor and lorry drivers for showing consideration when passing our front door by slowing down, checking for dogs, grandchildren and humans. However, I'd like to also say how disappointed we are with other drivers who think they're on the M1 and drive like maniacs. I might put a speed camera up here one day just to prove a point!
Most of the walkers and drivers would have noticed a new fence which has gone up over the last two weeks. All the wood used, is recycled that I purchased from different sources. Let's have a small competition! for a bottle of wine, how many screws have I used in putting this up. (Within 50!) I have to say I was incredibly surprised at the number we used, which weren't recycled! Having taken down the massive, overgrown large hedge, the extra light into the house, is quite amazing! Never mind the wonderful sunsets that we can now share!
I'd like to say how much I appreciate Vicki (my partner) has done to support Harleston's help hub. Every day Vicki has prepared meals and delivered to numerous homes around Harleston. Vicki has isolated me since the 21st of March and I'm so grateful where I live on the progress my family have made around the farm. What with my business closedown since the 21st of March and 90% of my staff being on furlough, it is not a good time! (for them and the future). However I’m in enjoying my training for retirement... never mind the wonderful weather we are all enjoying. (Farmers are not happy!) Hoping that we continue to be safe in our valley .... 


Robin Twigge



Robin & Vicki with their new fence. To WIN a bottle of wine, guess the number of screws used in making it.  Reply by 18 May to www.needhamlink.co.uk or needhamlink@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment