Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 December 2011

From your new editor

For me this is the realisation of a childhood ambition.  Many years ago, more than I care to remember, my friend and I started a publication named ‘The Bowlease News’.  It served the residents of the cul-de-sac in which we lived and reported on earth-shattering events such as a fire in a neighbour’s shed! A kindly elderly spinster typed it for us (no computers way back then let alone blogging!) and my father had it duplicated at his school.  We sold it for 3d and the proceeds went to charity.  At the time, I told the reporter who interviewed us for the local paper that I wanted to be a reporter.  Well, here I am, having by-passed the cub reporter stage, your new editor!  

It’s a daunting task to follow in the footsteps of David. I should like to thank him personally for the encouragement he has given me in my new role and on your behalf I should also like to thank him for his hard work in producing a wonderful village paper over the past 5 years. It’s a very hard act to follow but I’m sure you, the readers, will help me out!
I shall be really grateful for any contributions which you can make.


I can be reached at Mill Farm Cottage in Mill Lane or by email: needhamlink@gmail.com
Helen 

Information or contributions for the March edition of the Needham Link need to reach Helen Major by 14th February 2012.  

Post them through the door of Mill Farm Cottage, Mill Lane or email: needhamlink@gmail.com

Many Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment