Search This Blog

Saturday 30 June 2012


Over the fence ... musings of a canine nature
Jubilee in Needham was apparently quite a success. To be honest, I was quite pleased it was all over so we could get back into the normal routine...or so I thought. But the next thing you know they were off again. First thing Monday morning they were waving goodbye to me. I couldn’t believe it. Where were they going now? Anyway, they were back on Tuesday, draped in Union Jack scarves and waving flags....turns out they had been picked in the lottery to have tickets to the Queen’s Jubilee Picnic and Concert at Buckingham Palace. I think it was a bit over the top; after all they’d had a lovely day at the village event on the Saturday before so I don’t think it was necessary to drag it out any longer. I overheard them telling...........EVERYONE.....about it. They had EACH received a Heston Blumenthal hamper, full of delicious foods, a flag, a waterproof poncho and a glass of champers, Moet apparently (means nothing to me!). They sat in the garden overlooking the palace whilst the likes of Princesses Anne, Beatrice, Eugenie and Prince Edward  to name a few, circulated chatting casually to everyone.  They were allowed to wander freely around the gardens (bet it wasn’t the same without me!), which were beautiful but nettles were spotted in a few places......even with all the money in the world.....nettles will still get the better of you!!
After the picnic they were ushered to their seats around the Queen Victoria Memorial to enjoy the concert. It was a fabulous event. They reckon the highlights were Grace Jones, Kylie Minogue, the Commonwealth Choir and the images projected on Buckingham Palace.
But you know what? They said the best part about the whole event was that everyone from the taxi driver to the police man to the lady on the Thames river boat who gave them a cheap ticket - just because she could - oozed the high spirits and pride of being British
All I can say is, I’m glad they’re home and things can get back to normal around here and they can start giving me a bit more attention....mind you, a Union Jack still hangs in the kitchen, but the minute it drops to the floor that’ll be the end of it!!
Right that’s me, I need a snooze. Come on Mutley.

No comments:

Post a Comment