Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 February 2014

From the Editor

If you have a favourite recipe/s please send it/them in.  Our Food & Cookery Editor would like to compile a Needham Village Recipe Book so your contributions would be very welcome. Either post them through the letter box at Mill Farm Cottage or email to needhamlink@gmail.com

In the light of the almost continuous rain we seem to have been having, our Environment Correspondent contacted the local press office of the Environment Agency to ask how they managed the water level of the River Waveney.  I think the reply makes interesting reading especially as this year, so far, the river has only come up over a limited part of Mill Lane despite all the rain

I was delighted to receive this post on the Needham Link Facebook page from Catherine Sutton (née Foulkes)
"Hello Needham....I was born at home in the Old Fishmongers in 1965, and we lived there until early 1976. Still have the greatest memories of childhood in a house that was truly magical!  I moved out to LA in 1995, due to a great career opportunity.  Suddenly it's almost twenty years later, and I'm still here!  I miss Norfolk, and find any excuse to visit it when I'm back in England, but not sure I could give up the California sunshine now. We are in the middle of a really serious drought, so would happily swap weather with you, for a while at least!”

I’m hoping that Catherine will be able to find some photos of her childhood  in Needham and that she’ll keep in touch with us.

Needham Link is on Twitter now! Find us at @needham_link

Helen


No comments:

Post a Comment