Search This Blog

Sunday 29 April 2012


From the Editor
There isn’t much room for my piece in this edition as we have new contributors in addition to the regulars and we also have a lot of information about the forthcoming Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the village. There will also be regular updates on the Jubilee Celebration on www.needhamlink.co.uk so do keep logging on. We have had over 400 page views since it went ‘live’. 
This is your village newsletter so please feel free to offer a contribution either by posting it through my letter box at Mill Farm Cottage, by email at needhamlink@gmail.com or by posting on the website/blog. I look forward to hearing from you! 
The deadline for inclusion in The Link is 14 June.
Helen





Letters to the Editor


Dear Editor
I’ve been asked by my tail wagging friends to comment on a  proverbial problem.  We have been getting a lot of bad press recently due to some inconsiderate and lazy owners who show scant regard to human health and flout the law by not cleaning up our ‘poo’.    It makes me growl especially as my master always tidies up using plastic poo bags which he then places in the dog waste bins which, I understand,  the Parish Council pays to have emptied.
We do a lot of good.  I have friends who make life bearable and enjoyable for their blind or deaf owners.  Innumerable more give comfort, warmth and companionship to many, particularly the lonely.
So let’s have a concerted campaign in our village against these inconsiderate owners who give us a bad name and care little for society.  Shame on them!
I’m happily barking and going walkies.
Rover (your best friend)
The Editor welcomes letters! Put them through the letter box at Mill Farm Cottage 





No comments:

Post a Comment